Afternoon Tea at Woburn
The English social custom of taking Afternoon Tea was popularised in the 1840s by Duchess Anna Maria, wife of the 7th Duke of Bedford, who entertained her friends at Woburn Abbey. The Duchess is credited with popularising the custom of afternoon tea in the court of Queen Victoria. The Duchess and her friends would have enjoyed afternoon tea in the comfortable surroundings of the Abbey.
Afternoon Tea Gift Vouchers
All vouchers purchased in 2018 are valid until 1st September 2019.
Due to popular demand for our afternoon tea, we are now unable to offer for sale gift vouchers for redemption during 2019. Please kindly note that existing gift vouchers will now only be able to be redeemed in the Bedford Room between 5th April and 1st September 2019, or at The Woburn Hotel, upon request.
Please note gift vouchers cannot be redeemed between 29th October 2018 and 4th April 2019 as Woburn Abbey and Gardens is closed.
Please note that there is a very high demand for Afternoon Tea as such it must be booked in advance. Afternoon Tea bookings are most popular at weekends, please book as far in advance as possible to avoid disappointment.
Duchess Anna Maria Afternoon tea is £18.50 per person
Please telephone 01525 290333 or click to contact us to make your reservation within available dates.
If you don't have an existing voucher and wish to enquire about Afternoon Tea, please telephone for availability in The Duchess' Tea Room
Afternooon Tea Vouchers already purchased include:
- A pot of Suki tea or coffee of your choice
- A delicious selection of sandwiches, homemade cakes and scones with clotted cream and jam
- Served within the beautiful setting of The Bedford Room in the historic North Court of Woburn Abbey.
- Entry to the Gardens or Abbey and Gardens
- Humphry Repton Afternoon Tea - includes admission the Gardens.
- Anna Maria Afternoon Tea - includes admission to Woburn Abbey and Gardens (Abbey open 5th April to 1st September 2019)