The making of the Woburn Abbey Gardens Advent Sheds
The first Woburn Abbey Gardens advent shed revealed a colourful bouquet made of cone flowers from the gardens. Our bouquet was created by the Woburn gardeners but pine cone flowers are easily made at home. This is a great craft to get the whole family involved.
- First take a pine cone most types will do the job and a combination of different types of cones could look really nice. Turn the cone upside down.
- Glue a green garden cane into the back of the cone so the cone sits on its side, using a strong adhesive (we used a glue gun) and allow to dry
- Turn the cone so the bottom of the cone is facing you and paint with a bright colour, allow to dry
- Once dry place a nice yellow dot in the centre
- Arrange your pine cone flowers in a vase. You could also add some other items to your arrangement like curly willow branches.
A simple craft flower to brighten up the darker winter days! You could create a bouquet with your pine flowers, similar to what we created but pine flowers also look great in a wreath or a table centre piece. Use Christmassy colours to turn your flowers into a festive creation.
Are you stuck for Christmas gifts? Why not treat someone to tickets to the annual Woburn Abbey Garden Show? The Woburn Abbey Garden Show is on 24th 25th June 2017 and there will be plenty more unusual flowers and wonderful plants to see
Tickets on sale now visit our garden show page for more information
Advent shed number 2 will be open this weekend with another craft and more chocolate treats!