10am - 6pm (5pm last entry)
Set against the stunning backdrop of Woburn Abbey and within 42 acres of Abbey Gardens, "The Gardener’s Garden Show" offers one of the best locations of any show in the UK.
Now in its 9th year, the Show has become an important diary date for gardening enthusiasts. Set in Woburn Abbey’s beautifully landscaped gardens, the show offers unparalleled access to award-winning exhibitors and nurseries that have been handpicked by Woburn. The displays are complemented by an array of live entertainment, artisan foods, shopping, demonstrations, informative talks and gardening advice, tips and tours.
Garden Show highlights include
- Informative talks and Q&A sessions with BBC Gardeners’ World presenter Adam Frost, BBC Radio 4 Gardeners’ Question Time panellist Pippa Greenwood and Woburn Estates Gardens Manger and show organiser Martin Towsey
- Tips and advice from Woburn gardeners and rare access to see the Private Gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Bedford (not normally open to the public)
- Free garden tours with RHS qualified gardeners to learn more about the management and creation of Woburn’s Humphry Repton landscaped gardens
- A fabulous line up of RHS Medal winning nurseries, offering a diverse array of plants in our Plant Village. Nurseries are tasked with creating a plant display for which awards are given over the weekend – Adam Frost is part of the assessment panel
- New for 2018 – A field kitchen, set up in the kitchen garden with live cooking demonstration by Celebrity Chef, Rachel Green.
- Plenty of retail therapy including a luxury gifts hall and quality stands offering a plethora of garden furniture, sculpture, tools and horticultural hardware
- Independent and unique food and drink providers in Woburn’s Artisan Food Hall
- Live entertainment andmusical performances from the Bedford Town Band to the backdrop of stunning views over the Woburn Abbey Gardens.
This year The Plant Village includes multi RHS Gold Medal winners Hardy's Cottage Garden Plants, recognised as one of the UK's leading specialist nurseries growing over 1,200 plant varieties including many rare and exciting species; RHS Gold and Silver medal winners Potash Nursery, famous for their fuchsias, and RHS Gold medal winners Chrysanthemums Direct.
Palms-Exotics have won Gold Medals at RHS Chelsea, Cardiff and the Malvern shows and are showing palms, agaves and yuccas as well as a range of ferns, aloes and hostas. RHS Silver-gilt winners Calamazag, specialising in scented, hardy dianthus, will be at the show alongside Harkness Roses and Brick Oak Farm Herbs. The Plant Specialist Nursery are offering perennials and ornamental grasses, and for something slightly different, Wild Rose are showcasing beautiful cut flowers and sedums in fashionable recycled vintage pots.
RHS Gold Medal winners Jacques Amand International are presenting bulbous plants, and a range of perennials will be on offer from local supplier Brickhill Perennials. Also exhibiting are Nobottle Nursery, Bean Place Nursery, New Forest Hostas & Hemerocallis, John Cullen Gardens and Primrose Hall Nursery, famous for peonies.
Even more to enjoy
In addition to the array of choice plants our hand-picked exhibitors will be offering a range of garden furniture, tools, statuary and much more. The Woburn Abbey Gardens staff will be on hand with free and friendly tips and advice on garden plants.
Browse our food hall where you will find a range of stalls with interesting food and drink from specialist suppliers and our Luxury Gift Hall will have a range of unique products such as jewellery and hand made items.
Take the weight off your feet and enjoy a fresh coffee whilst listening to music from the Bedford Town Band with lovely views over the Woburn Abbey Gardens.
Lunch will be available at the Sculpture Gallery, in the South Court, the Duchess Tea Room and the Bedford Tea Room.
Whether you're an enthusiastic horticulturist or just looking for inspiration, you’ll have an informative day at the Woburn Abbey Garden Show.
- Adults £14
- Concession £13
- Child £8
- Under 3 years - free of charge.
- Group discounts apply to groups of 12 or more.
RHS Members receive a discount of 20% upon presentation of their membership card. Discounted RHS tickets can only be purchased on the gate.
We are offering a limited number is VIP tickets to the Garden Show. Find out more or book your tickets by clicking here.
Discounted entry is available for groups of 12 or more. Please contact Lisa Weaver for more information on 01525 290333 or email@example.com.
Mobility scooters will be available for hire but to be sure of availability and to prebook visit the mobility company's website: www.mobilityhire4you.com
To enquire about 2018 exhibitor spaces please email Jo-Anne.Wright@woburn.co.uk