Light, fire & Ice! 5pm - 10pm (9pm last entry)
Illuminating the Abbey Gardens after dark, an evening of enchantment and adventure.
Whether it’s a family escapade or friends looking to spend a memorable moment together, Woburn Abbey Gardens are holding their third Luminaria event on Saturday 29th November from 5pm.
Experience the stunning Abbey Gardens in a totally new light as you walk through the atmospheric grounds lit up after dark.
Wrap up warm and experience the historic gardens aglow with the light of the luminaria lanterns, be entranced by ethereal sculptures, lose yourself in the labyrinth and watch award-winning ice sculptors create works of art.
- With the historic gardens taking on a whole new look thanks to the warm glow of the lights used to denote pathways, trees and the lake; you will be able to take in the relaxing atmosphere with your friends and family. New for 2014: A new trail route through the Abbey Gardens, through the Hornbeam maze and the Sculpture Gallery’s private gardens
- Watch award-winning ice sculptors Glacial Art, create magnificent oriental themed ice sculptures right before your eyes. Plus new for 2014 have a go yourself on the interactive ice wall
- Opportunities to launch a lotus flower lantern, decorate your own hanging lantern and hang your message on the shimmering Tree of Dreams
- Theatrical themed performances at 6pm and 8pm and lighting of fire sculptures at 7pm and 9pm
- Live music from Woburn Sands Band (Registered Charity No: 266275)
- Complimentary entry to the tricky Hornbeam Maze open for this event, not recommended for pushchairs/wheelchair users due to the high volumes of traffic and the width of the path).
- Over 30 boutique stalls selling unique and interesting gifts, including jewellery, ladies wear, candles, wooden items, skin care and garden products
- Food stalls offering warming noodles, Bratwurst German sausages, gourmet burgers, mulled wine and soups and stews available from the Duchess’ Tea Room
Child (3 - 15 years) £4.00
Under 3’s Free
Woburn Abbey and Gardens and Abbey Gardens Pass holders receive discounted entry to the event: Adults £7.50, Seniors £6.38, Child (3-15 years) £3.00 and Child under 3 years is free of charge. Must produce membership card at time of ticket purchase at the event to qualify.
Decorate your own hanging lantern additional charge £3.00 per lantern (cash payments only, includes small battery-powered light).
Please wear appropriate clothing. This is an outdoor event and the route through the gardens will include walking on grass - which can get muddy in winter conditions. Please bring a torch with you, especially if you think you will require additional assistance to make your way around the gardens. Please also note that this is not intended as a Christmas event, although our stall holders may be selling some Christmas related gifts.