Light, fire & Ice! 5pm - 10pm (9pm last entry)
Illuminating the Abbey Gardens after dark, an evening of enchantment and adventure.
Whether it’s a family escapade or friends looking to spend a memorable moment together, Woburn Abbey Gardens are holding their third Luminaria event on Saturday 29th November from 5pm.
Experience the stunning Abbey Gardens in a totally new light as you walk through the atmospheric grounds lit up after dark.
Wrap up warm and experience the historic gardens aglow with the light of the luminaria lanterns, be entranced by ethereal sculptures, lose yourself in the labyrinth and watch award-winning ice sculptors create works of art.
* With the historic gardens taking on a whole new look thanks to the warm glow of the lights used to denote pathways, trees and the lake; you will be able to take in the relaxing atmosphere with your friends and family.
* Watch award-winning ice sculptors, commissioned especially for the event by Her Grace the Duchess of Bedford, create magnificent ice sculptures right before your eyes, whilst snuggling up on beanbags or picnic benches, enjoying a warm beverage or some hearty food (food and drink available at an additional charge).
* This unique experience will kick off with an exclusive glimpse of the Chinese Dairy – usually out of bounds to the public – where you will be launch a lotus flower lantern out onto the lake on arrival to create a stunning spectacle.
* Visitors will then be invited to make your own hanging lantern to help light up your route whilst you discover the magic of Woburn Abbey Gardens after dark (includes small battery-powered light, additional charge £3, cash payments only).
* Complimentary entry to the tricky Hornbeam Maze (open for this event, not recommended for pushchairs/wheelchair users due to the high volumes of traffic and the width of the path).
* Enjoy live music.
* Browse and buy a special gift from our hand-picked stall holders.
Child (3 - 15 years) £4
Under 3’s Free
Please wear appropriate clothing. This is an outdoor event and the route through the gardens will include walking on grass - which can get muddy in winter conditions. Please bring a torch with you, especially if you think you will require additional assistance to make your way around the gardens. Please also note that this is not intended as a Christmas event, although our stall holders may be selling some Christmas related gifts.